For many, bathing is not only about cleaning the body, but also the mind. And of course installing an Asian bathroom vanity unit will enhance the relaxing atmosphere of an oriental inspired bathroom. Free Standing and built in are the two types of vanity units. Built in vanity units consist of a washbasin typically set into a counter with a cabinet beneath. For the countertop, the good materials are marble, granite, or ceramic. If you want to give you bathroom a more modern look, go with free-standing vanity unit. In this case, you will make one selection as the vanity and the top are in one piece.
A nature bathroom design became more popular to people who want to spotlight nature. So the question is how to design a nature bathroom?
• Natural lighting: Install skylights into your bathroom design or use long narrow windows. Install dimmer switches to adjust the lighting according to your needs.
• Natural walls: Use marble wall tiles on the end of the wall. Install grasscloth wallpaper that stands up to humid conditions.
• Natural Floor: Your floor color should go against your wall color. For a more natural look, install ceramic tiles or laminate wood flooring.
• Natural Vanity and Sink: choose bamboo wood for your vanity and stone vessel sink to have a natural look.
• Natural Accessories: Add accessories made of natural materials. Such as wooden towel bars and shelves, wood framed mirrors or hang pictures of landscapes.
• Natural Plants: If you have sufficient light, hang trailing plants that will a proper choice. But in case you have insufficient light, choose high-quality silk plants that don’t need care.
• Natural Shower and Tubs: You can choose marble or imitation marble tub. If your budget allows buy natural wood or stone tub. In case you want a shower stall, choose a glass one with a swinging door.
The Asian bathroom decor became a strike in home designs as it has all the important items and fixtures within arm’s reach and it suited for small bathrooms. And here are its main characteristics:
• The vibrant colors for floor tiles and walls.
• Wallpapers with bamboo prints.
• Using soft lights instead of incandescent bulbs.
• Wood tiles for the countertop.
• Circular or wide shower area and tub.
• Placing a soaking tub in the central location.
• Hanging the mirror on a large wall.
• Plants, wood frames, and screens are the main decorative items.