Bathroom sinks are the most used fixtures at home. Bathroom sink plays a great role when it comes to remodeling or renovating your bathroom since changing it can completely change the look of your bathroom. The right choice for your bathroom sink will complement the entire look of your bathroom. The vast set of shapes, sizes, colors and materials will allow you to choose the sink that meets your requirements. Bathroom sinks come in many types, in the following part, we will mention the main characteristics of some of their main types.
1. Console sinks: This type of sinks is embedded in small table tops and these tops are backed by brackets and legs. It is very ornamental bathroom sink making it a perfect choice for vintage-decor bathrooms. This configuration adds a feel of open space because the space underneath the sink is usually unenclosed.
2. Pedestal Sinks: This type of sinks can blend in any bathroom design as it has many shapes and sizes, but its best look can be achieved in retro looking bathrooms. The common dimensions of the pedestal sinks are 34 to 36 in height, but if you want the sink to looks taller you can install it on a custom-built platform, while there is no way to make it shorter. There is a pedestal under the sink which provides the support for it and plumbing elements are hidden inside the pedestals in many models.
3. Vanity Sinks: These sinks are fitted into a counter top that has closed storage cabinet underneath. These cabinets are very useful for storing bathroom stuff, like extra towels, tissues, and cleaning solutions that you don’t want to display.
4. Wall Mounted Sinks: This sink is mounted on the wall or attach directly to the wall. It can be installed at the height you desire. It is a smart choice for smaller bathrooms.
5. Antique Sinks: This type of sinks is the best in creating an elegant and luxury atmosphere in your bathroom. Antique sinks look amazing with solid wood furniture.
When it comes to the material of modern bathroom sinks, you will find many choices but we are going to go through the most common ones:
–Porcelain: It is the most popular one because it is smooth, sturdy and waterproof. You can get a custom made sinks that suit your preferences, style, and budget.
–Glass: It is available in a beautiful variety of colors, shapes, and textures. Glass sinks provide your bathroom with a stylish modern look.