Nowadays, the number of people who are charmed by the vintage look is increasing. Because homes built in vintage style seems to be glamorous and unique. When you decide to design a vintage styled bathroom, you should give a great attention and money to your bathroom fixtures. As they play the main role in giving that essential retro look to your space and make it look elegant and attractive. And here we mention the steps you should follow to have your vintage styled bathroom:
1) Finding them. You can find the vintage bathroom fixtures in thrift stores in the town or at a local salvage yard. They may be available in old cities and at a garage sale.
2) Restore Them. The next step after finding the precious vintage bathroom fixtures is to restore them. Before fitting the fixtures in your retro bathroom, you should clean and polish them. Restoration of these fixtures requires you to buy a high quality resurfacing kit to restore the damaged parts. And you can assign a professional to accomplish this task.
3) For Flooring, use smaller, colored tiles in two or three color combinations or black and white tiles. Install 1920s inspired geometrical tile pattern. Opt for a glossy polished stone that matches the vintage style.
4) When choosing tile for the walls, use four square rectangular subway tiles to recreate the era. Use tiles or bead board to add a vintage look to your walls.
5) For vintage bathroom lighting, hang lamps, antique scones or frosted glass to give your bathroom the old styled look you adore.
There is a wide range of items you can add to your bathroom to create the vintage style. The bathtub is one of those items, but you cannot add it alone. Tub creates a very authentic old time look that is why complimenting it by the elegant set of accessories is important.
The faucet is an important item in your bathroom fixtures. So you should consider purchasing the faucet that matches your elegant style because it acts as a centerpiece in your bathroom.
Styled mirrors, retro styled floor mats, vanity trays, and soap dispensers are special accessories that portray the old time look you are searching. As there are many accessories available, you should choose items that make you feel sure that your bath maintains the look you want to achieve.