Are you unpleasant with your tired looking bathroom? Many people want to have a stylish and fresh looking bathroom in their homes, but it is always the costs that stop them from achieving this desire. Creating and planning a new bathroom can be a challenging project, but by following some simple steps you can have your dream bathroom.
1. The first step you have to do it is to measure your bathroom accurately, taking into account windows, doors, and any built-in cupboard spaces. On these plans mark off where the plumbing and pipes enter. Take the dimensions of any chosen fittings such as the toilet and basin and leave enough space around each piece. Make sure there is enough room for doors to easily open and it is recommended that there is at least 70cm in front of the toilet and 21cm each side. Leave 70 cm in front of the basin and 15 cm on each side. You have also to decide whether you will install a bath and shower or just one of them.
2. After taking the measurements of your bathroom, you have to start looking for practical and elegant bathroom products. When looking for them, consider the storage space you need. If you have many items that you want to keep away, then you have to buy bathroom cabinets. Decide what is right for you and keep this in mind when you are shopping around.
3. What is the style and design you want to have in your bathroom is the next thing you should think about? Do you want a modern, contemporary, or traditional style? After deciding the style, then you should think about the color scheme. To be sure that your choice is the right one, grab yourself some samples because whether it is tiles, paint, or wood you can see that is perfect in a magazine but it just won’t work in your space.
4. Order your bathroom fittings such as the taps, bath, and toilet etc.
5. Decide on the style of lighting, whether it is a basic ceiling light or spot lights, the right type can make a huge difference and think about any other electrical items such as an extractor fan and shaver sockets
6. Give the bathroom the finishing touches such as a mirror, shelving, cabinet etc.